https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rich-Velasquez-Youth-Sports-Equipment-Foundation/140490182660100

Like Rich Velasquez Youth Sports Equipment Foundation on Facebook!

Monday, July 11, 2011

7/11/11 - Break from Little League

I was not scheduled to do any umpiring this past weekend. But I received a call on Sunday morning to see if I could umpire a Legion Game in Plymouth, NH.  Very happy to do it. I have about 25 days before I will be at the East Region tournament for Little League in Bristol CT. I want to be ready and have as many good games under my belt as possible. Doing a game on 90foot Diamond is the same but different as on a 60foot diamond. Those that are umpires, you now that during the play the mechanics are close to the same. But the starting position and what to watch for can be very different. It was a warm day to umpire behind the plate, but I know it will be a lot hotter in Bristol. My next LL game is Wednesday night at Colby Field in Laconia, NH. I will have the plate for the 9/10 year old. It will be a much different look on Wednesday then this past Sunday. Also hope to umpire some at the District semi-finals on Sunday 7/17. Games will be played in Hooksett. I just may have some of my pins for trading in Bristol at the semi-finals. Look for my blog after Wednesday 9/10 game.

No comments:

Post a Comment