https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rich-Velasquez-Youth-Sports-Equipment-Foundation/140490182660100

Like Rich Velasquez Youth Sports Equipment Foundation on Facebook!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

8/10/11 second base and plate

Not to bad of a day. Had some visitors from NH come down to critique me. Good to see familiar faces. I was at second base for the TV game. Vermont vs Rhode Island. Smooth running game. Had one play that a team was going to turn a double play but ball dropped at second. I was just about to come up with an out call and noticed the ball was not caught. That is why timing is so important. I waited just long enough to come up with a safe, ball on ground call. I then had the plate last night for the NY NJ game. Was very good game. Was looking like it was going to be a nail bitter that was coming down to end. was  1 to 0, then 2 to 1, then NJ scored about 4 or 5 in 5th. I felt like my tracking the ball was not the best. May not have missed any more then usual but the crowd made me feel like I did. It was good ball and game was over in about hour in half.
Today, (Thursday i think) I am at first for mid-Atlantic game that was postponed from other day, then for 3pm TV game i am at second. Looking forward to Shelly coming back down today. Her and Samantha will stay until Sunday. I will be checking out on Monday since the championship game for mid-Atlantic is Sunday night.
During TV game yesterday they announced my birthday in middle of game. That was nothing compared to dancing with Dugout and having a NJ team sing me happy birthday before our game. Then during game last night Dugout had the other umpires doing YMCA in outfield. They made sure I was at plate so I could not screw it up with my backwards C. They all did great, nice job Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment