https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rich-Velasquez-Youth-Sports-Equipment-Foundation/140490182660100

Like Rich Velasquez Youth Sports Equipment Foundation on Facebook!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8/8/11 Monday 3 games

Yes it is only Monday. Most things seem to running pretty smooth. We had 5 games today. That was to make up for the rain out the other night. NE Umpires were involved with 3 of them. I was at 1B, LF Line, RF Line. Kind of easy day, but games are getting more important, us umpires need to be on our toes. When on left field line I had a lot of shots right over my head a few foul balls right down the line and the rest home runs. i think game ended 16 to 14. do not ask who played or won. Today we started getting ready for tv games. Had to hold teams in dugout before running out to field. That leaves time for commercial break. Other small changes so we can put on the best show for tv.

We are getting schedule day by day. Tuesday there are 4 games. Times changed a little because the first two games of the day are on NESN. I am at 1st base for the 1pm game and the 7pm game. Yes the 1pm game will be on NESN. Feel bad for everyone that will watch because I might have face time being on 1B.

One more note. I had my plate on Sunday and felt great doing it. Monday the team that lost saw me on the field and a player asked if that was me behind the plate yesterday. I answer yes, and he says I did a great job. After an inning I had the same comments from one of coaches. Made me feel really good. I am only as good as the players and my crew. When you have good pitching it is easy to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment