https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rich-Velasquez-Youth-Sports-Equipment-Foundation/140490182660100

Like Rich Velasquez Youth Sports Equipment Foundation on Facebook!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

8/7/11 Day three in the books

The weather started out looking very bad. With that said we got all 4 games in and on time. I was scheduled for the plate at 2pm and 3rd base at 8pm. For my plate, I could not have asked for a better game. Started to look like it was going to be a 10 run mercy rule. But we made it to the 6th. I think it was 13 to 5 New Jersey over Washington DC. I felt very comfortable and butterflies in my stomach were no where to be found. I made sure that i missed a couple pitches so I wold not have a perfect game. Because we know when I have a perfect game it will be my last. Doc called me aside as I was coming off the field I figured he as going to tell me how bad I did. Come to find out a reporter from the Union Leader wanted to talk about my experience there in Bristol. So watch the Union Leader paper for a story. Can not wait until I am back behind the dish. I just hope that I have pitchers and partners that make me look so good because they did well.
I then had 3rd base for the 8pm game. This was my six game and concludes my every position once. Think I did OK. Little different doing a night game. It was New York vs Pennsylvania. Penn looks very strong. New York gave them a run but Penn ended up winning. After tomorrow they may start mixing the crews. I have really enjoyed working with other umpires from New England. It will be different when we work with mid-Atlantic umpires. Be like starting over and getting use to how others work.
I have 3 games on Monday. 10am i am on 1st Base, 3pm I'm at LF Line, 8pm. I am at RF Line. Seems like may be easier day, but as we get further along in tournament now game is going to be easy. On another note Connecticut was looking like one of the favorites in the New England division. BUT, New Hampshire beat CT today. Nice job Goffstown!! Well got to get clean up and to bed, start again tomorrow. Thanks for following my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment