https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rich-Velasquez-Youth-Sports-Equipment-Foundation/140490182660100

Like Rich Velasquez Youth Sports Equipment Foundation on Facebook!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

WOW! What a great start

The family and I left Laconia at 8am. Arrived in CT at 11:30. Just enough time to check into hotel and get to the field for a meeting at 1pm. After meeting everyone we went over mechanics of a 6 man and what is expected to of us. I figured out, I am so spoiled. Coming from Laconia, and District 2 in NH, I have been able to work all kinds for systems and been taught by the best. I was surprised some of the guys here have not worked a 6 man before. I feel that I am so prepared for what is ahead because of my fellow umpires.
After our meetings the East Region put on a GREAT wwelcoming night. Started with BBQ for Dinner. Then a short ceremony where East Region honored one of the firefighters that died in 9/11 Twin Towers, and played Little League as a 12 year old. Doc Lantiere Spoke and told stories about this young man. What an emotional time. The whole time i am there I can not help to think how lucky I am to have the support from my family and follow so many great umpires. Can not help to think and wish Rich was here with us. I know he is watching over me. Games start tomorrow. My first game is at 11:00 am. Games are scheduled thru Sunday. Check out my next blog for my schedule of the next 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment