https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rich-Velasquez-Youth-Sports-Equipment-Foundation/140490182660100

Like Rich Velasquez Youth Sports Equipment Foundation on Facebook!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

8/6/11 RF Line and 2nd Base

Had some real good games today. I was on RF line for 11am game. Had one nice catch by right fielder going towards center. Not to much happening for me to call. It was very humid and sticky. For the 5pm game I was at 2nd base. We actually started at 4:30 due to bad weather coming in later. We got our game in with no weather issues. I wad a couple calls at second. This was first real game of two possible contenders and the crowd was there to prove it. Excitement galore. I felt the umpire crew did a fantastic job. I think when they set the assignments they knew the type of game it was going to be. Felt very comfortable on the field and with the other umpires I was with. After day two the umpires are starting to loosen up and hang more when off the field. It is nice to build new relationships.
On side note, was able to spend sometime with friends my family met at Little League World Series years ago. It was good to see them and hang out. Look forward to others coming later in the week.
The Weather is not looking on our side. Raining pretty good this morning (Sunday) and calling for rain all day. They did not get to play last nights game at 8pm. I think that is being played monday since both teams that would have played have Monday off. I am scheduled for my plate at 2pm, time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment