https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rich-Velasquez-Youth-Sports-Equipment-Foundation/140490182660100

Like Rich Velasquez Youth Sports Equipment Foundation on Facebook!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hard to believe it is only Saturday

I have been here for 3 days and only umpire 4 games. Don't think of how long 10 days can be until you are here. Here are couple highlight and what makes this fun. I was lucky enough to be in Cranston last year for the 9/10 regional tournament. A couple of the teams that were there are now here for the 11/12. and there are some 11 year old on the teams. the pins I made a similar to last year, They have our dog Sophie on them. I gave a pin to a player on Delaware, he looks at it and says, "Dude, I met you last year!" That is what this is all about.  Talking to players on field to keep them relax is also fun. They will say just about anything. Had some exciting games today. Look forward to having my first plate tomorrow at 2pm. That is if the weather holds off. Tonight's 8pm game is postponed. I think they will try for 9am tomorrow. Have to get to the field to see if there are any changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment